Greetings From the City of Sisterly Love
Ah, you thought Philadelphia was the City of Brotherly Love. You are wrong, my friend.
I don't know if it's a Hilton thing or if it's us, but the two times we've stayed in Hilton-Hiltons, there have been interesting conventions in-house. The Philadelphia Airport Hilton, where we are currently parked, is hosting a transexual conference today. When we stayed at the Hilton in Oklahoma City, it was monkeys and cowboys. Not together, exactly, but concurrently. Strange sitting in a bar in a hotel in OKC surrounded by cowboys and monkeys....
Anyway. The weather here is crap. The wind is cold and terrible and it is SNOWING. Yes, snowing. Whatever. So, our tour of Philadelphia will involve gazing upon lovely views out our hotel room window and searching for cheese steak at the airport. We're hoping we can find a cheese steak snowglobe, too.
Nigel wants to know why the Hilton family does not use Paris in their advertising campaigns. I do not have a good answer for this. He thinks it would be a brilliant move on their part. I'm not so sure. He also wants to know where New Jersey is and where we can find any Sopranos. ::sigh::
Well, we're off to kill six hours at PHL.
I don't know if it's a Hilton thing or if it's us, but the two times we've stayed in Hilton-Hiltons, there have been interesting conventions in-house. The Philadelphia Airport Hilton, where we are currently parked, is hosting a transexual conference today. When we stayed at the Hilton in Oklahoma City, it was monkeys and cowboys. Not together, exactly, but concurrently. Strange sitting in a bar in a hotel in OKC surrounded by cowboys and monkeys....
Anyway. The weather here is crap. The wind is cold and terrible and it is SNOWING. Yes, snowing. Whatever. So, our tour of Philadelphia will involve gazing upon lovely views out our hotel room window and searching for cheese steak at the airport. We're hoping we can find a cheese steak snowglobe, too.
Nigel wants to know why the Hilton family does not use Paris in their advertising campaigns. I do not have a good answer for this. He thinks it would be a brilliant move on their part. I'm not so sure. He also wants to know where New Jersey is and where we can find any Sopranos. ::sigh::
Well, we're off to kill six hours at PHL.

1 Comments:
I want to see pictures of this cheesesteak snow globe.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home