Poetry Man
I was driving home a bit ago and surfing XM channels, when I hit Phoebe Snow's Poetry Man.
Mark (Opening Day, 4/2/06) was a huge Phoebe Snow fan and turned me on to her. Even though the song is about a very different relationship to the one we had, hearing her always makes me think of him.
With the first few notes I got sad and my eyes welled up, but then something struck me that actually make me burst out laughing--the memory of Mark's unique shit-eating grin--the one he would give you when he knew he wasn't really pulling one over on you but was hoping he might be. There was something so endearing about that grin and I hope the memory of it never becomes blurred from too much handling.
Talk to me some more
You don't have to go
You're the poetry man
You make things all right...
Mark (Opening Day, 4/2/06) was a huge Phoebe Snow fan and turned me on to her. Even though the song is about a very different relationship to the one we had, hearing her always makes me think of him.
With the first few notes I got sad and my eyes welled up, but then something struck me that actually make me burst out laughing--the memory of Mark's unique shit-eating grin--the one he would give you when he knew he wasn't really pulling one over on you but was hoping he might be. There was something so endearing about that grin and I hope the memory of it never becomes blurred from too much handling.
Talk to me some more
You don't have to go
You're the poetry man
You make things all right...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home