Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Who Doesn't Love Elephants? Not a Damn Person Doesn't Love Elephants, Sir!

We're getting ready to leave for a long weekend, but before we do I had to share this story.

This is one of the things I want to do before I die: Watch the elephant parade across Manhattan.

Every year, just before the Ringling Bros. Barnum & Bailey Circus comes to town, they have to get the elephants into the city somehow, so they walk them through the Queens Midtown Tunnel after midnight. They've been doing it for years and years and years and everytime I hear about it I think, "Dang, I want to see that."

Now don't get me wrong. I think the circus sucks. It's cruel and it's scary. Clowns? Bah! Exploding things? Bah! But elephants walking down 34th Street? That, my friends, is the Greatest Show on Earth.

When the Elephants March in Manhattan

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Would I spoil the fun-ness if I said I always feel so sad for them?

It's bad enough for humans to go through that.

8:17 PM  
Blogger Kay said...

Yeah, I know..... :(

3:10 AM  
Blogger Ima Wurdibitsch said...

It's been over a month. I know you're busy. Please write something soon.

7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home