Mo Bettah Food: Larabar Review for Mo
Today's feature: Cherry Pie.Yum yum.
Hard to believe that something made with only almonds, cherries (unsweetened, even), and dates can taste this good. This bar is only 3.66 points (call it 4, call it 3.5--up to you) and well worth it. We'll see how long it holds me, but I just had one for breakfast. It had great cherry flavor; didn't pick up on the dates at all. Two thumbs up.
I don't know why I've never tried Larabars before. They're from Denver, after all, and they're about as clean as you can get for a processed food. I think part of it is the price--these puppies were $1.49 each at Sunflower, and I believe they're higher at Whole Foods. Maybe cheaper at Vitamin Cottage; will have to remember to check. Still, for a quick breakfast or snack, I think they're probably worth it.
An addendum: The bar didn't hold me as long as I had hoped it would. Alas. I also learned from my next door neighbor that the guy next door to them knows Lara, and in fact, some of the early bars were made in his kitchen. That's pretty cool.

3 Comments:
Thanks for the review! Cherry is my favorite fruit, and my favorite flavor.
The bars are expensive, though $1.49 sounds cheap to me.
Oh wow, you're paying more than that?
I would live on cherries if I could.
This makes me want to experiment and see what I can make with my homegrown cherries.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home