A Couple of Random Thoughts Before We Hit the Road
I'm positively gobstruck right now--oh sure, I say I am all the time, but this time I mean it.
I haven't talked much about it because I've been very busy with World Cup, but I am a huge pro cycling fan and am (was?) looking forward to the start of the Tour de France tomorrow, despite my lack of training and preparation this year. (A dedicated fan must prepare, you know.)
There is breaking news this morning that several of the top contendors--Ivan Basso, Jan Ullrich, and several others are OUT, under suspicion of doping. Unreal. I'm sure I'll be able to formulate thoughts on this later but right now I'm stunned.
Uh, go Floyd?!
In other news, I've had the song Be Kind To Your Web-Footed Friends stuck in my head all morning. This is the tune used to sing "Eng-a-land, Eng-a-land, Eng-a-land!" and it is actually Stars and Stripes Forever, but the words I know for that tune are as follows:
Be kind to your web-footed friends,
For the duck may be somebody's mother.
And be kind to the ones in the swamp,
Where it's very, very cold and daaaaahmp.
Enjoy that little tidbit!
I haven't talked much about it because I've been very busy with World Cup, but I am a huge pro cycling fan and am (was?) looking forward to the start of the Tour de France tomorrow, despite my lack of training and preparation this year. (A dedicated fan must prepare, you know.)
There is breaking news this morning that several of the top contendors--Ivan Basso, Jan Ullrich, and several others are OUT, under suspicion of doping. Unreal. I'm sure I'll be able to formulate thoughts on this later but right now I'm stunned.
Uh, go Floyd?!
In other news, I've had the song Be Kind To Your Web-Footed Friends stuck in my head all morning. This is the tune used to sing "Eng-a-land, Eng-a-land, Eng-a-land!" and it is actually Stars and Stripes Forever, but the words I know for that tune are as follows:
Be kind to your web-footed friends,
For the duck may be somebody's mother.
And be kind to the ones in the swamp,
Where it's very, very cold and daaaaahmp.
Enjoy that little tidbit!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home