This is another thing I love about my neighborhood. Why does a bar called "Benders" have a mural of Morey Amsterdam on one of its walls?
If this is supposed to be someone else, they did a really bad job.
And if it's not Morey, who the hell is it?


Labels: Colorado, Nostalgia, TV
4 Comments:
Okay, we've got one vote for "Maybe Jack Kerouac?"
Here's what has me really puzzled:
I made you my Reader of the Millenium and I'm not even in your list of favorite links?! Oh the humanity!
That's gotta be Morey.
You know, you raise a very good point. One of the things I hate most with Blogspot is trying to add links, but I will be brave and do it this weekend!
So, my friend A. (Hi, A!) writes to the artist and asks who the subject in the painting is. I don't have his email with me, but he responds that he doesn't know! He found the picture online and it might be Humphrey Bogart. As if.
Nigel suggested Joey Bishop but I don't think that's right. I think Our Dear Artist found a picture of Morey Amsterdam online, had no idea who it was, and painted him anyway. Yay!
Johnny Cash with some serious under-eye baggage?
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home