Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving, Part Deux

In no particular order, here are some of the things (not everything....) I'm thankful for. Wishing everyone a wonderful day!

My family—every single, last crazy one of them but especially my nieces who make my heart burst every time I think of them.

Satsumas

Pro bike racing

Stoneyfield Farms yogurt

Hendricks gin

Challah

Nigel—I’m grateful every day that I met him in a pub in London nearly 13 years ago. He continues to make me laugh and think.

My friends, old and new, real and imaginary, who brighten my world.

Our four adorable and hysterical cats.

Paul Auster

Beck

John Coltrane

Ella Fitzgerald

Rosé champagne

An amazing career that has lead me to some amazing people and places.

An understanding and appreciation that I have “arrived” career-wise. I always felt like the youngster and the “new kid” but this last year has shown me that I am a legitimate book publishing professional with a solid reputation who is seen as an authority in my niche.

New York City

Willie Nelson

Vanilla malts

The gift of humor—that I can find humor in myself and others.

Costa Rican coffee, PG Tips tea, Candy Cane Lane and Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride (stupid name!) tea

The White Album

William Stafford

Colorado sunrises

A love of words and ideas

Netflix

Milk chocolate with almonds

Digestive biscuits

The gift of critical thinking

Onion and garlic pizza from that little place in north Denver.

l’Occitane’s Eau des Vanilliers and Fresh’s Pink Jasmine

Luca d’Italia and Les Halles

70 degree days in November (and flip flops in November)

Memories of Jason, Mark, Nate, Nanny, and Papa

Mint brownies

Democratic control of the 2007 Congress.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

CHALLAH!!!!!

I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself. Happy Thanksgiving!

12:04 PM  
Blogger Kay said...

CHALLAH!

They have the Internets in France?

12:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Especially Democratic control of congress.

And light rail.

7:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, clearly they didn't after that particular day.

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home