Thursday, May 11, 2006

Some of My Favorite Words

bloviate
pepper
dalliance
French
posh
glovebox
silver
bollocks
Nashville
verso
magpie
esprit
koshka
Punjab
Sangiovese
brilliant
balalaika
cardamom
braise

6 Comments:

Blogger Becca said...

I love bloviate! But I like Kashkaval more than koshka.

And burnt is my favorite.

PS, don't tell anyone but I just tried Sangiovese for the first time two months ago.

7:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My list would include almost all of these, plus "bovine". It's been a favorite of mine ever since my ex-husband thought it meant gorgeous.

"Honey, you look absolutely bovine."

7:34 AM  
Blogger Kay said...

Jane, I have been dying over that all day.

3:02 PM  
Blogger Becca said...

My great-grandma translated "heimishe" which means "homey" or "comfy" (it's a compliment) as homely and told her daughter-in-law she was a very homely girl. The DIL didn't take it well.

5:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Convoluted. It's such a good word.

(Jane's is so funny!)

6:48 PM  
Blogger Kay said...

Too funny, Becca.

Oooh, "convoluted" is a very nice word.

I love words.

4:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home