Friday, October 06, 2006

Blogger Book Craze Could Fizzle from Overkill

You don't say? Alert the media!

Life has been really busy lately and will continue that was for another month or so, plus I'm getting ready to walk out the door for a family event out of town for the weekend, so I'll leave you with a little gem before I go.

This week is the Frankfurt Book Fair--no, it's in the real Frankfurt--where the hotdogs come from, presumably.

All sorts of interesting and not-so-interesting stories come out of Frankfurt, as it's one of the biggest internationals shows of the book publishing calendar.

Today's is this one: Blogger Book Craze Could Fizzle from Overkill. See, that's been the big thing lately, to discover bloggers and publish them. It's worked really well for the dude at Post Secret or Marcos Kos at The Daily Kos, but just like every book industry trend, it's not going to last. In the meantime, publishers (not any that I know) are plopping down six-figure advances to happy bloggers (again, not any I know. Unless of course, there's something Jane or Becca haven't told me.)

I don't have time (or inclination, actually) to discuss the financial disaster or over-inflated expectations this causes throughout the industry. No, I don't have time because I need to call Nan Talese and see how much she'll give me for Gobstruck.....

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm unhappy to report that my book preceded my blog and no six figure big round number has crashed into my lap as a result of my blog.

But feel free to work on that for me.

5:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also: I have read most of the books mentioned in that article. Stephanie Klein's Straight Up and Dirty is what kept me awake on my last flight. I thought it was okay until I went to her blog. I have a new rule, to go along with my "Don't watch movies of books I love" rule - Don't read the blog!

5:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello
[url=http://www.acne-anti.info/1-cream/acne-medicine/acne-homemade-ingredance-treatment.html]acne homemade ingredance treatment[/url]
[url=http://www.acne-anti.info/1-cream/acne-medicine/acne-care-complex-murad-skin.html]acne care complex murad skin[/url]
[url=http://www.acne-anti.info/1-cream/acne-medicine/murad-acne-spot-treatment.html]murad acne spot treatment[/url]
[url=http://www.acne-anti.info/1-cream/acne-medicine/murad-acne-complex-kit.html]murad acne complex kit[/url]
[url=http://www.acne-anti.info/1-cream/acne-medicine/accutane-acne-treatment.html]accutane acne treatment[/url]
[url=http://www.acne-anti.info/1-cream/acne-medicine/acne-alternative-scar-treatment.html]acne alternative scar treatment[/url]
[url=http://www.acne-anti.info/1-cream/acne-medicine/acne-after-before-scar-treatment.html]acne after before scar treatment[/url]
[url=http://www.acne-anti.info/1-cream/acne-medicine/how-to-get-rid-of-acne-home-remedy.html]how to get rid of acne home remedy[/url]
[url=http://www.acne-anti.info/1-cream/acne-medicine/home-remedy-for-acne-scar-removal.html]home remedy for acne scar removal[/url]
[url=http://www.acne-anti.info/1-cream/acne-medicine/home-remedy-for-acne-scar-removal.html]home remedy for acne scar removal[/url]
[url=http://www.acne-anti.info/1-cream/acne-medicine/acne-pimple-home-remedy.html]acne pimple home remedy[/url]
[url=http://www.acne-anti.info/1-cream/acne-medicine/acne-home-remedy-scarring.html]acne home remedy scarring[/url]
[url=http://www.acne-anti.info/1-cream/acne-medicine/acne-home-pimples-remedy.html]acne home pimples remedy[/url]
[url=http://www.acne-anti.info/1-cream/acne-medicine/home-remedy-to-get-rid-of-acne-scar.html]home remedy to get rid of acne scar[/url]
[url=http://www.acne-anti.info/1-cream/acne-medicine/home-remedy-for-acne-redness.html]home remedy for acne redness[/url]
[url=http://www.acne-anti.info/1-cream/acne-medicine/home-remedy-for-getting-rid-of-acne.html]home remedy for getting rid of acne[/url]
[url=http://www.acne-anti.info/1-cream/acne-medicine/acne-cyst-home-remedy.html]acne cyst home remedy[/url]
[url=http://www.acne-anti.info/1-cream/acne-medicine/acne-free-home-recipe-remedy.html]acne free home recipe remedy[/url]
Bye

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home