Saturday, May 13, 2006

My Fifteen Minutes

Would it be possible for your "fifteen minutes of fame" to happen while you're not watching?

When we were in London, I was interviewed by BBC World for a television program called Code Breakers, a two-part special about Microsoft's dominance in software and the rise of freeware and open-source software. Cool. Like I know a lot about these topics...

I looked particularly awful that day and the cameraman kept having to re-shoot because my Gortex jacket was rustling. I didn't think to take it off until the interview was over. I stammered and kept losing words. It was a top-notch performance and I'm sure the reporter was pleased she selected me out of the other dozens of people in the Internet cafe.

The first part of the program aired (allegedly) this week on the 10th but I can't find anyone who gets BBC World (not World Service) so I have no clue if I made the cut or not. What if the interview with me was so fabulous and so insightful that I gained fame and popularity throughout the Commonwealth and I never knew it? I could be a cult figure in Canada or the Caymans, or Australia, even.

Part two airs on 5/17, so if I'm on and I'm wonderful, someone please let me know.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Becca said...

I have a friend in Berlin who watches that but since he's never met you I'm not sure he'd be the one to tell you how you did.

But without seeing it, I'd guess: insightful, pithy, and petite.

10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home