Friday, October 13, 2006

It's Time to Make It Work, People

I've made no secret of my love for trash TV and I adore Project Runway. I've loved it ever since the first season, where we all fell in hate with trainwreck Wendy Pepper. Season two was even better (in my opinion) with pain-in-the-ass Santino and the wonderful Daniel Vosovic--who was robbed! Robbed I tell you!

And how could you not love the Michael Wishes-He-Were-a-Bad-Ass Kors or the always snarky Nina Garcia? I'm not much of a fan of Heidi Klum, but whatcha gonna do? It's her show.

The one I love best is Tim Gunn, and what's not to love? He's smart, and funny, he uses lots of big words, and every time we learn more about him, I just want to go hang in a gay bar with him and dance to Sister Sledge while drinking watered-down girl drinks. Maybe we'll meet Santino and Andre at Red Lobster after?

This season has been fun, but there's really not much need to re-hash and dish here. No, you want Project Rungay for that. Nothing I could write, or dream of writing, would be as funny, catty, or insightful as Tom and Lorenzo, and I find myself checking in daily to see what's new.

We all know that the final four are Uli, Michael, Laura, and the Evil Jeffrey. I suspect Michael or Jeffrey will win--their design work is edgier than the others. Uli is fine. She's a good designer and she's good with color but it seems like she's only got one theme. And Laura. Oh, Laura. I love her clothes--they're beautiful--but there is nothing cutting edge or new there. Shame--she's got wonderful taste.

If I were forced to pick one winner it would be Michael. He understands fashion, having modeled before, and he just seems to get it better than the others. And Evil Jeffrey (also known as Tat Neck) will be showing at Fashion Week. Bravo is just trying to throw us off track with that little plot twist.

My one rant with this show is WHY, WHY, WHY do they break up the season finale into two parts? That's cruel. Just plain ol' cruel. Anyway, the runway show is next week and someone will go home a winner.

Until then, carry on.


Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The winner will be Michael. Why? Because it's time for a black man to win.

Haven't you ever noticed the disclaimers about the judging? That's what they are for.

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home