Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Oh, the Weather Outside is Frightful

Snow day!

Well, for everyone who doesn't have the ability to telecommute, that is. We're expecting up to 24 inches of snow in metro Denver by lunchtime tomorrow. That's huge. Here, it snows a bit and melts. Prolonged snow storms and blizzards are unusual. Here are a few early pictures.

The first was taken at 7:30 this morning, not long after it started. The second was taken an hour later. We'll see how the day progresses, but I don't think I'm going anywhere for a while. Oh, and in case anyone was wondering, the cats are all snuggled up on duvets or in front of heat vents, safe and sound. ::eye roll::



Here's the 12:15 MST update. The wheelbarrow is disappearing....


Wheelbarrow is nearly gone, 2:00 MST.



I didn't have the heart to tell my neighbor across the street that it's a 24 hour drive to Dallas when the weather is good. She and her husband have a flight scheduled for tomorrow morning so that they can go on their honeymoon. The island they're going to has one flight a week from Dallas. Considering that I-25 and I-70 both are closed, I don't think they're going. What a drag.

About 3:00 MST:



4:00 MST. The wheelbarrow is gone!


And from the backyard:

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

CRAZY! I love the progression pictures- bye bye wheelbarrow!

We're coming in Sunday, so as long as it's typical Denver weather (wait 5 minutes, it'll change) and it's decent weather around 8am Sunday morning, we're good.

Keep those updates coming!

2:40 PM  
Blogger Kay said...

Good luck, Andrea! This one isn't to move out very quickly. More snow on Saturday, and a terrible backlog at DIA. But maybe they'll be wrong! Safe travels.

4:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, wow! I love the progression of pictures, too. I've been checking back throughout the day to see the snow pile up.

I'm a little bit jealous but I'll get over it when I walk outside to my car that is not covered in snow.

5:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pictures! Amazing how quickly that stuff can come down.

5:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ayep. that's my house too.

6:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home