'Scuse Me While I Kiss This Guy
One of the most fun Web sites on the Internets is Kiss This Guy, an archive of mis-heard song lyrics. Driving in to work this morning, I was reminded of one of my favorites, Bennie and the Jets (or Mets, thank you New York Mets!) by Elton John.
When I was a kid, and for years, I always thought the lyrics went like this:
She's got electric boobs,
I must have food,
You know I read it in a magaziiiiiine....
Imagine my surprise to learn that it wasn't that at all! And apparently I wasn't the only one who thought she had electric boobs....
When I was a kid, and for years, I always thought the lyrics went like this:
She's got electric boobs,
I must have food,
You know I read it in a magaziiiiiine....
Imagine my surprise to learn that it wasn't that at all! And apparently I wasn't the only one who thought she had electric boobs....

6 Comments:
when I was young, I used to resent my friend Dawn, who apparently had a song in her honor:
"Hail to Dawn
what's that flower you have on
could it be a faded rose from days gone by?"
("Delta Dawn," I learned much, much later)
When my son was a toddler, his little friend would go around singing Amy Grant's song:
"Baby baby, I'm puttin' on the lotion ..."
Dawn was so lucky.
My favorite one, naturally, is "the girl with colitis goes by...."
Kaleidescope eyes? WTH are those anyway?
It is all about acid.
Oh, I I love "Doughnut Love" from Joe Jackson. Yes, it *is* different for girls.
And everyone's favorite ZZ Top lyric: Slippers and my sleepin' bag
And the Clash hit: Streaks of lightnin'. Rock the cat box. Rock the cat box.
I'm pretty sure the "kaleidescope eyes" refers to a gal on LSD. I must research that.
Until I was in my teens, I was sure that the phrase from "Amazing Grace" was "that saved a wrench like me." I was certain I was a wrench.
<---What a tool.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home